Today, Japanese developers Operetta Due and Dramatic Create announced that they are porting the otome visual novel, Koezaru wa Akai Hana, to the Nintendo Switch console and PC (Steam) with language support for Japanese, English, and Chinese (Traditional and Simplified). This news was recently revealed in Sweet Princess Vol.37 Magazine. This port will be released in the year 2023.
Koezaru wa Akai Hana “The Crimson Flower That Divides: Lunar Coupling” (or 紅花 “BeniBana”) was originally published back in September 2012 as an R18 Otome Game for the PC. Two years later, a censored, “toned down” version was published in March 2014 for the PSP and was ported to the PS Vita in April 2016.
UPDATE: The Developers Operetta Due, has confirmed via their official twitter page, that the the toned-down version (17+) will be ported for both the Nintendo Switch and PC platform. The developers also added that they will be adding more content to the Switch version such as the newly written after stories for each of the eight romanceable characters, including new event CGs. In addition, new episodes pertaining the perspectives of the love interests have been added to the main story as well, revealing each character’s innermost self.
The story is set on a continent where the number of women has been drastically reduced due to an incurable disease. Naala, a young girl living in the southern country of Ruse, loses her parents at an early age when her mother was abducted by the Northern country, Nasula. She is supported by her childhood friend, the next king of Ruse, Olli.
Several years later… Naala was taken in by the royal family and declared as Olli’s fiance, and thus, has been living her days peacefully that way.
Until one fateful day, when she is attacked and taken by the Nasura army. What possibly lies in Naala’s destiny after this incident?
CV: Chihiro Suzuki
-The king’s assistant. A highly intelligent man with a way with words fit for his profession. He has zero interest in love and relationships and has been rejecting the women that confess their feelings for him.
CV: Shinnosuke Tachibana
-The king of Nasura. Tooya oversees the abduction of the women from Ruse in order to increase the population of Nasura. Unlike his father, the former king, he treats all the abducted women kindly.
CV: Hideki Makino
– Noll’s loyal servant, and private secretary. Excellent at his job, stoic, and not very friendly. As Noll’s right-hand man, Esta seems to be constantly working with almost no rest.
CV: Masatomo Nakazawa
– a doctor with a calming demeanor and a pacifist who rarely gets angry. A mediator. His kindness enables him to get along with men and women equally alike.
CV: Tetsuya Kakihara
– Esta’s subordinate. Spouts harsh words to the heroine frequently and doesn’t care about what other people think of him.
CV: Eiji Miyashita
– The general of the Nasura army. Holds the most authority second to the king. Since he treats women with a brash and forceful attitude, the Ruse women are afraid of him.
CV: Noriaki Suguyama
– Innocent and straightforward. His emotions easily surface and it makes him look awkward at times.
CV: Toshimitsu Oda
– Sefu is the only son of one of the cabinet ministers of Nasura, Orute. Carefree with a relaxed attitude. Hardly takes anything seriously.
CV: Ryouko Tezuka
– Naala has been robbed of her blood relatives from a young age. She was meant to wed Olli without issues, but then gets attacked and abducted by the Nasura army.
SYSTEM & STAFF:
|DEVELOPERS: Operetta Due, Dramatic Create|
|DIRECTOR: Ume Matsutake|
|SCENARIO WRITERS: Ume Matsutake, Kirin Mise, Yuriko Shimizu|
|ILLUSTRATOR: Omame Tsukino|
|SOUND COMPOSER: Mashita|
|PLATFORM: Nintendo Switch, PC (Steam)|
|Release Date: TBA 2023|
|Rating: M (Mature)|
No information has been announced (yet), if the game will have a physical release along with their digital one. For more information about this announcement, visit Dramatic Create’s official website for BeniBana here.
Source: Sweet Princess Magazine Vol. 37, pages 8-9.